Re: what is oracle ???

From: Kovacs Richard <krichard_at_buga.csoma.elte.hu>
Date: 15 Sep 1999 12:12:28 GMT

HI!

Oracle?
Well, this question sounds pretty funny.;))

But upon further inspections it is not easy to answer this question properly.
Oracle is a database-manager program.
But that is too simple in its way.
Oracle is a very multiplex system.
It offers lotsa applications for lotsa OS-s. The main thing is of course the Oracle server, which mainly operates and manages the database(s).

Well, I don't have time to explain further more, but visit: www.oracle.com
or technet.oracle.com

Ritschie

--