WebDB: Database Log In Failed

From: Xander Burchartz <xander_at_burchartz.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:22:09 +0200

I installed WebDB on a NT4 server with SP 3 and Oracle 8i.

When I try to log in using a browser (IE4 or 5) I get a pop-up window where I fill in name and password (webdb/webdb). Next thing I get is the following error:

Database Log In Failed
TNS could not resolve service name

Verify that the TNS name in the connectstring entry of the DAD for this URL is valid.

I think this is a tnsnames.ora problem, but I can't solve it. Via SQLPlus I can connect to the database, so the tnsnames in the Oracle8i home seems to be correct. However, if I copy this file to the WebDB home, nothing improves.

I don't know how to verify the connectstring entry of the DAD, because I assume I have to connect first.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Xander Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 03:22:09 CDT