Re: How do I change the owner of an table?

From: Bob Fazio <bob_fazio_at_hotmail.com.no.spam>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:09:33 GMT

A common approach is to create two, or more users, one that owns schema/table objects
and one that holds stored procedures. The second can also be any of your developers. Then create private synonyms from each app user to the schema user.

The advantage to this is that you can do things like have multiple versions of the schema in the same database. (you just change where the app points to), and also multiple versions of the app user. Each account that logs into the system would then only really need access to the app users's account. (execute priv on the procedures.)

You can also use public synonyms, but I generally prefer using just private.

I have also seen where both the stored objects and the table objects are in the same user, but are referenced with synonyms.

--
Bob Fazio
Remove no.spam from my email to reply