How to return to parameter form in Reports 6?

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:00:59 -0800

I have a report where the user enters a date on the parameter form which the report uses in building the WHERE clause. I can parse the string that the user enters and detect invalid dates (although it seems like there must be an easier way) but the only way I've found of returning to the parameter form so the user can correct the date is to return FALSE from the After Parameter Form trigger. When I do that, Reports displays the error REP-0771: After Form Trigger failed.

I'd like to suppress that-I've already displayed a message telling the user about the problem. How do I simply return to the paramter form? --
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.

So far, the universe is winning."

Rick Cook, mission manager,
NASA Mars Pathfinder project. Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 16:00:59 CDT