Checking for deleted rows

From: Simon Place <simon_at_hotelscene.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:05:51 +0100

I have a workstation-based copy of an Oracle table and want to check whether any rows in that have been deleted from the actual server-based Oracle table. From the local copy I can build a list of primary keys and using this I want to construct a SQL statement (if possible) which returns only those primary keys in the list which no longer exist in the server table (one row for each key).

I do not want to read in the whole server table and then process the differences at the client side. I suppose that I could pass the key list to a server function and then pass back the amended key list which would then be used for deleting rows from the client copy of the table, but I just wonder whether there is any way of doing this with a SQL statement that produces mutliple rows.

Many thanks
Simon Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 09:05:51 CDT