Re: Best way to copy tables from one Oracle server to another on scheduled basis.

From: <maged_at_qualitynet.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:33:42 GMT

The Best way to copy tables from a place to place is to export them using exp utility and then import them in the other machine using imp utility.
You can automate the process by calling the programs from a batch or shell scripts.

You can find the whole syntax for imp and exp in the adminestartion guide of your server.

Hope this will help
In article <7rciuu$5gg$1_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,   "Jason M" <TAKE_OUT_jjm145_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I have tables on a remote machine that I need to copy into my local
Oracle
> server. I need this to happen each evening automatically. What is
the best
> way to acheive scheduled events? I am very new to Oracle.
>
> Perhaps use NT's AT. I hope not. It seems to me there must be some
way to
> do this native to Oracle. I am using 7.3.3. Also, what is the best
way to
> copy tables in Oracle from a remote machine to a local machine.
Should I
> make use of the copy command.
>
> Thanks very much for the help,
> Jason
>
> If you respond by email, please remove the REMOVE_ from my address.
>
> REMOVE_jjm145_at_worldnet.att.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 06:33:42 CDT