Insert long raw field to one table from another..

From: Erik Ulven <erik_at_quasar.no>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:36:23 GMT

Hello.

I use a long raw field to hold my graphics, and I have a temporary table which is supposed to show the
graphics, based on 1000 criterias.

Can anyone help me to take one record from base_symbol_table and put them
Unfortunately It has to support Oracle7 as well.

copy one record from
base_symbol_table(id varchar2(8) not null, graphics long raw); into
show_symbol_table(id varchar2(8) not null, graphics long raw);

This obviously doesn't work because of the limitations of the long datatype.
insert into base_symbol_table
  select *
  from show_symbol_table
  where Id='MyID';