Accessing Table with BLOB column

From: <12345tom_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:34:05 GMT

When I access a table with a BLOB column in VB or VC using ADO, I get "The instruction at "0x04c115d6" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The memory could not be read." VB or VC then die. This occurs by passing "SELECT * FROM MyTable" whenever MyTable contains a BLOB field.

I tried the same query in "Oracle Test ODBC" and it returns no results. If I name each column and leave out the BLOB field, TestODBC returns results. But naming each field via ADO does not eliminate the crash.

The crash in VB/VC does not occur when the resultset is created. It actually happens as soon as you attempt to use a resultset method such as EOF, BOF, Fields().value, RecordCount, etc.

It seems the mere existance of a BLOB column causes ADO to crash?

Does anyone have any experience getting a table with a BLOB via ADO 2.0 or 2.1?

Thanks.

Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 22:34:05 CDT