Re: Images to files

From: Wong Mei Sze <reality_at_glink.net.hk>
Date: 14 Sep 1999 00:59:02 GMT

Hello,

        The image data was stored as byte varying format in Rdb. Now, I'd like to extract it to a JPEG file. Would anyone give me some suggestions about that?

        Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Reality

Michael E. Austin (austinms_at_worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: How were they originally stored? there were several ways this could be
: done, it will depend upon how they were stored. There is some
: documentation on that subject.

: They were also known as SEGMENTED STRINGS or BLOBS

: see:
: http://alice.jcc.com/search_db/comp/databases/rdb/rdblistserver1997/msg.p883

: for an example of getting a seg-string and writing to an RMS file.

: Michael Austin
: DBA Consultant
: michaelaustininc_at_hotmail.com

: Wong Mei Sze wrote:

: > Hello,
: >
: > Does anyone know how to export images from Rdb databases into
: > files?
: >
: > Thanks for your attention!
: >