Re: Oracle Financial on Linux

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_news.hex.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 00:26:22 GMT

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:10:22 +0200, Hans-Friedrich Pfeiffer <Pfeiffer.Hans-Friedrich_at_t-online.de> wrote:
>Alain Coetmeur wrote:
>> Who know if Oracle Financial is available on Linux,
>> which parts ? which limitations ?
>>
>> any experience with this system under linux ?
>
>please forgive me - but do you really mean Linux ? I´m a fan
>of Linux, but Oracle Financials is really a very fat database.
>I think you would really have problems with it under Linux.

Oracle was claiming last fall that Oracle Financials (version 10?) would be released for Linux some time in 1999.

They haven't been trumpeting its release just yet.

SAP AG, however have released version 4.0B, which runs atop Red Hat Linux 6.0, with a custom-configured kernel 2.2.11. (per OSS note 171356).

According to OSS note 171371, R/3 on Linux is certified by SAP LinuxLab to run on several Compaq ProLiant models, with either 4GB or 8GB of RAM, and up to 8-way SMP. (I'm describing the configs generically; only a specific set of models and configurations are validated to work...)
--
"The dinosaurs died because they didn't have a space program." -- Arthur C Clarke
cbbrowne@hex.net- <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/saplinux.html> Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 19:26:22 CDT