NEED to read SQLT_PDN in C!

From: <brianleahy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:42:46 GMT

I'm working on a C program that is used by a COBOL program to retrieve records from Oracle. I am in the midst of upgrading it from OCI6 to OCI8. The problem is, COBOL is expecting all the numeric columns as COMP-3's. OCI6 allowed you to do these sort retrievals by using the fmtt, fmtl, and scale paramters in odefin. OCIDefineByPos lacks these columns.

So: I'm doing my OCIDefineByPos with SQLT_PDN as the type, and then doing two OCIAttrSet()'s on the define handle, setting OCI_ATTR_PDSCL to the "scale" and OCI_ATTR_PDFMT to the format string (it was only by sheer chance that I even discovered that these parameters existed.)

But it still isn't working. When I execute my statement I get:

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes

Anybody have a suggestion? Thanx.

-BL

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 14:42:46 CDT