Jave enabled Forms 5.0, Sun and playing sounds...

From: Mark S. Reichman <reichmanm_at_rl.af.mil.>
Date: 13 Sep 99 15:24:34 GMT

We are using a Sun box to serve and create our Java enabled Oracle 5.0 forms to Netscape Clients. The following code when executed
causes a FRM-99999 error and locks Netscape. How do I get Sun to serve up sounds. Maybe if I put it in a table it would work better? The code is syntactically correct. Is this a bug in Forms Builder for Sun or something or a Java deficiency. Does this actually work in a Windows world?

go_item('main.krusty_wav');
READ_SOUND_FILE('/u03/webroot/lmca/web_html/sounds/krusty.wav', 'wave','main.krusty_wav');
PLAY_SOUND('main.krusty_wav'); Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 10:24:34 CDT