Extra byte inserted in BLOB at 8192K

From: <marciat_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:34:06 GMT

We are using Oracle 8.0.5 on NT and are trying to store a large (2MB) bitmap in a BLOB field. We are interfacing to Oracle through Borland C++ Builder through BDE, and have tried two different methods of inserting the row:

  1. Creating a stored procedure that calls the DBMS_LOB package to insert the binary in chunks of 32K.
  2. Inserting the row through a table component in builder.

With *both* methods, there is exactly one extra byte in the result when we select the row through builder. The extra byte occurs at hex address 2000, and is a duplicate of the byte at 1FFF. Otherwise the two (the file before and the file after insert) are identical. (This had the interesting effect of turning the bitmap from red to blue.) Note that hex 2000 is 8192, or at exactly 8K.

Has anyone run into this before or have an idea of what the problem may be? We do the identical thing in SQL Server and do not have this problem.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 08:34:06 CDT