Problem w/ Oracle Multithreading

From: Marc Holz <marc.holz_at_nbgm.siemens.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:18:21 +0200

Hi,

We are running an Oracle 7.3.4 based Document Management system and are encountering problems with Oracle's Multihreading. The application communicates per SQL EasyNet with the database host. The database is running on a four processor NT 4.0 SP 5 box but doesn't use more than 1 processor for all Oracle threads at the same time. In other words, one processor is running w/ full load, other 3 do nothing.
Do we need to do some special adjustments to activate Oracle's Multithreading or do we need the parralell query option for our SMP?
We appreciate any hint to solve this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

Marc Holz -> mailto:Marc.Holz_at_nbgm.siemens.de

Siemens AG -> http://www.siemens.de
A&D SH53 -> http://www.ad.siemens.de/sw-haus 90475 Nürnberg
Gleiwitzerstraße 555
Tel + 49 911 895 3578
Fax + 49 911 895 4802 Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 06:18:21 CDT