Cannot connect to OAS using netscape or IE

From: Kim Gabrielsen <kim.gabrielsen_at_get2net.dk>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 01:39:28 +0200

Hi,

I have installed OAS 4.07 on NT (and Linux but the result is the same). I can connect to the Oracle Application Server Manager and manage OAS on the same machine on which the OAS is installed. BUT I cannot connect and run the demos neither from the local nor remote clients..

Having made an application and cartridges and so on i use the follownig URL:
'http://2.0.0.2:8889/firstapp/first/current_users'

when using netscape 4.0? I receive an error message:

'The request did not specify a valid virtual host'

But the strange thing is if i use IE 2.0 (the one installed default with

NT 4.0) I get to run my application with the correct outcome.

Is it the browser setup that is wrong. I don't use proxies, the scenario

is purely intranet no name serveres no nothing and no result ...

Best regards
Kim gabrielsen Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 18:39:28 CDT