Disadvantges of 1-partition tables

From: Trevor Williams <trwi_at_perth.dialix.com.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 09:58:36 GMT

Partitioned tables have a number of advantages over normal tables, not the least being the ability to move the data around without dropping the table. So I am thinking about creating all tables as partitioned tables?

Before I do, I am trying to determine:
What are the disadvantages of a single-partition table over a normal table? (or, why should I stick with normal tables?)

I will appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks
Trevor Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 04:58:36 CDT