Basic stuff: creating a new database

From: <rachael_at_LakesideSoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:51:55 GMT

I'm new to Oracle, so forgive the basic questions.

I've got a trial version of Oracle 8.03 installed on Windows NT and have created a new database with the Database Assistant. The services for the new database are started. The new database does not appear in Enterprise Manager. Is there another step that I'm missing? Also, from a client machine, I can't create a service that points to the new database either. I figure I'm just missing something really basic.

Please respond via e-mail if possible.

Thanks!!

Rachael
rachael_at_LakesideSoftware.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 15:51:55 CDT