Re: what is WebAlchemy

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 07:37:48 -0400

A copy of this was sent to ramdan_at_mailexcite.com (tony) (if that email address didn't require changing) On 9 Sep 1999 15:37:01 -0500, you wrote:

>I saw it on you page but not completelty sure of what is really does. i.e. if
>you have forms on your web page they will converted into pl/sql? what specific
>type of info does it require?
>
>we designed several pages in Frontpage that use Oracle. They have a result
>page that has columns along the top and dates along the side that reference
>various columns in various oracle tables (that were joined together) in
>addition to summed columns. We have pretty complex sql behind it.
>
>Would Webalchemy help us with this

Webalchemy simply takes an HTML page and generates a plsql procedure that would exactly recreate that page. Once you have the plsql procedure that does that page - you can inject any sql you wan't into the procedure.

It is simply a way to get a static file into a procedure so you can add some dynamic content to it.

>In article <37c5ad91.2216867_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>wrote:
>>A copy of this was sent to Patrice Bourgeois <pbourgeois_at_canada.com>
>>(if that email address didn't require changing)
>>On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:04:15 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>>Can someone help, I need a copy of webalchemy, I have over 100 web
>>>pages to convert into pl/sql, I here this utility can do that, but it is
>>>hard to find.
>>>
>>>Please e-mail info.
>>>
>>>Thank You,
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Patrice
>>>pbourgeois_at_canada.com
>>

>>there is a copy at the URL in my signature below

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 06:37:48 CDT