Re: How send output of report Developer to MSEXCEL

From: Chris Nelson <chrisnelson_at_eaton.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 23:45:51 -0400

[posted and mailed]

We do this quite often, even if it's not very elegant:

Create a report file that generates a delimited text file (We use tab-delimited a lot, because it's unlikely that users will be entering data in our system with TAB included. Pipe-delimited also works okay.)

Once you have the format of your output text file nailed down, then write a macro in Excel to look for, open and format that text file the way you want it, and save as a spreadsheet.

There's probably a much better way, but for a bunch of newbies (not to Excel...) it works quite well.

Chris