Re: OCI RAW DATE

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:07:17 -0400

A copy of this was sent to jamesrsmith_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:26:53 GMT, you wrote:

>Under OCI (at least in version 7.2...) you can pull the 7 byte raw
>DATE type having the format:
>
> C+100 Y+100 M D h+1 m+1 s+1
>
>At Y2K this seems to indicate that the values for the first 2
>bytes should be:
>
> 120 100
>
>Can anyone verify that this is accurate? Any rich kids out
>there with a lab machine tested it?
>
>Thx,
>Jim Smith
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

You don't need OCI to test this:

tkyte_at_8i> create table t ( x date );

Table created.

tkyte_at_8i> insert into t values ( '01-jan-2000' );

1 row created.

tkyte_at_8i> select dump(x) from t;

DUMP(X)

Typ=12 Len=7: 120,100,1,1,1,1,1

tkyte_at_8i>

dump it...

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 12:07:17 CDT