Identifying Which server I am on

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:36:21 +0100

I have data on server A which needs to be copied to server B. I have data on server B which needs to be copied to server A.

The data will be copied using the same stored procedure which will reside on both server A and server B, only the direction of the copy will change.

If I am on server A I need to use dblink_to_b. and if I am on server B I need to use dblink_to_a.

Is there anyway (say from the system catalogs, etc, I can find out which server the procedure is running from.

If I know this, then I can append the appropriate dblink to the procedure using dynamic pl/sql. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 05:36:21 CDT