Re: Any good articles on improving performance of large data loads?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:36:50 +0100

Your question is too general;

We need to know how you are doing
the data load first, 10 hours for 10K
is extremely slow - so there could
be all sorts of simple tips to improve
things.

  1. Do you have small redo log files (check alert log for 'checkpoint not complete'
  2. Are you using lots of PL/SQL per row - generally very expensive.
  3. Are you doing things 'NOLOGGING' (aka unrecoverably) where possible.
  4. Are there any bits of code which are continually scanning tables
  5. Are you running concurrent loading processes and generating huge amounts of contention.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk