Oracle 8.0.5 Server on Linux and Net8

From: <gregk72_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 23:25:52 GMT

I think that I have Net8 configured correctly and I have been able to successfully start the listener. But when I try to connect through Net8 (using sqlplus system/manager@<sid>) I get:

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

but if I look in the listener logs, it looks like there weren't any Net8 errors. I do know that the instance is up (ps shows all the processes running and I can do sqlplus system/manager with ORACLE_SID=<sid>)

anyone know what the problem may be?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 18:25:52 CDT