Long Bind variables in triggers (cannot reference)

From: <todd_at_cardinalgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:51:52 GMT

I am currently unable to get the following trigger to work. I have commented out the parts that are not working. I am trying to get the value of a long datatype from a row level trigger to insert into another table. When I try to run this without the code commented out I get the following error.

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "SSRNDB.UPDATESHERLOCKABSTRACT", line 8
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger

'SSRNDB.UPDATESHERLOCKABSTRACT'
I am unsure if this is a doable way of approaching it but was looking for possible alternatives that work.

Here are the two ways I have tried to get it to work... -- :new.ab_content & v_content_string are longs

v_content_string:= :new.ab_content;
v_sherlock_string := v_author_string||' '||:new.ab_title||'
'||:new.ab_content ;

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 14:51:52 CDT