Re: Pro C does not wait for fork

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:16:24 -0400

Martin Murdoch wrote:

> Has anybody had a problem with pro C where they have created a forked
> process
> then tried to capture the end of the created child with a wait and that
> wait has not waited!!!!
>
> E.G>
>
> create fork ....
> if forkd_id == child
> {
> do things .....
> }
>
> wait(&proc_stat) wait for child to finish
>
> when I do this - IT DONT BLOODY wait (sometimes) any ideas please
>
> Martin Murdoch

show more of your code. It looks like you might be dealing with a sequence error. I also have serious doubts about "if forkd_id == child" because that isn't even C syntax since you must have parenthesis about the expression you are testing and from what you have posted both forkd_id and child are indeterminate. Pseudo-code is not very useful in these cases. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 11:16:24 CDT