Re: Flat file

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 11:41:25 -0400

Thava Arumugam wrote:

> I would like to make a falt file out of Oracle database. I am using the
> SPOOL command.
> The problem is that one record come in more than one line.
> Does anybody know how I can get one record per line?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Brgds
> Thava

Are you doing comma delimited or card image? If you are doing card image and know the exact logical record length then use SET LINESIZE to that length (as long as it is under 32768). If you are doing a delimited file then just SET LINESIZE to some number that you know will be larger than any physical record and then have SET TRIMOUT ON.

Ken Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 10:41:25 CDT