Micrsoft ADO -> NET8

From: Mark van Osch <Mark.vanOsch_at_nl.origin-it.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:24:25 +0200

I am unable to connect to my Oracle database (Oracle8 Server Release 8.0.4.0.0) via aMicrosoft ADO connection. When I try to test my connection I get the following error message:

"Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. The Oracle(tm) client and network components were not found. These components are
supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3. (or greater) client software installation.

You will be unable to use this provider until these components have been installed."

We are using Visual Basic 6.0 SP3.

Could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark van Osch Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 10:24:25 CDT