Re: Cloning an Oracle instance

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:28:43 GMT

Lizzie,

> I need to migrate all the objects from this instance, including packages,
> package bodies, views, etc.
> I'm planning on using Export (does Export do packages?) , but not with a
> "full" option because I want to put the objects in the tablespaces
> belonging to the new instance, which will be in different directories.

I would do a full export. That way, everything in the database is in your export file. Just because you do a full export doesn't mean that you have to import everything. You can pick and choose which objects to import from the file.

If the tablespaces on the new instance are named the same as the old instance, you will not have any problems. Importing an object should place it in the same tablespace name. Placing the object in a different tablespace is slightly more complicated.

HTH,
Brian Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 09:28:43 CDT