Re: Analyze Table

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 08:47:15 +0100

DianeB <diane_at_adventservices.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:7r48bj$3ej$1_at_news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Should I be running Analyze table on my Oracle Fiancials 10.7 database.
> Does the Fiancials Code make use of the Cost Based optimiser ?
>
> I have inadvertanlty run an Analyze Table on the SYS schema , is this a
> problem?

Yes you shouldn't do it (can't remeber why!!)

From a previous post (not responsible for accuracy !!) - how to unanalyze SYS Alex

Start a SQL*Plus session, connect as sys, and delete the statistics using

analyze table name_of_table delete statistics;

If you're lucky, a package called dbms_utility is installed and accessible. In this case just type

exec dbms_utility.analyze_schema('SYS','DELETE')

This command will de-analyze the entire schema SYS. Check wether the statistics are deleted with select *
from user_tables
where avg_space is not null;

This should return 'no rows selected', meaning that there are no values in the col avg_space, so the table is not analyzed anymore. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 02:47:15 CDT