Oracle/MTS/Odbc

From: <premal_shah_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 06:26:38 GMT

Hi! Folks:

We are using the Data Direct ODBC driver 3.5 from Merant Corp. for talking to our Oracle databases from our client applications. We want MTS to manage our transactions. Our Oracle version is 8.0.5.1 on Solaris 2.6 on a SUN box.

In MTS, we set the property "REQUIRES A TRANSACTION". When we connect via ODBC we get an error in the event viewer which says "Unable to communicate with DTC" and says failed to enlist in DTC.

DTC is up and running. We also tried to view trace messages in MTS explorer but none are generated.

Could you please let us know what the problem might be? Merant docs say this feature is supported.

Thanks for your help.

regards,
premal

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 01:26:38 CDT