Oracle Thin Driver problems

From: Andy Hering <ahering_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:38:07 -0700

Hi,

 We are using the Oracle Thin Driver version 8.1.5 with ATG Dynamo 4.1.0. We have noticed from time to time that the connection threads hang and we eventually have to reboot the server. We are currently investigating this issue, but we were wondering if there are any known problems with the Oracle Thin Driver that could cause this problem. We are planning to add an ATG Dynamo patch and upgrade the number of file descriptos on our system. We are, of course reviewing the portion of code where this seems to be happening. We are getting a "Protocol Violation" before the thread hangs.

 Any information is greatly appreciated.

 My email at work is andy_at_eve.com

Thanks,
Andy Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 00:38:07 CDT