Re: Oracle Contractor's Estimate Too High ?

From: Matt Houseman <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:45:27 -0700

If you feel uncomfortable with the first quote, have another contractor give you another quote; sorta like a second opinion from a doctor.

I would have to say though, that this seems fairly accurate if the contractor is going to produce the following: requirements document, design specification, test plan, detailed project schedule and then do the actual implementation.

There's a price difference between professional engineering and hacking. There's a time and place for hacking, but the short term and long term costs should be understood.

Hope this helps,

Matt Houseman