Re: Oracle8 Personal Edition and Developer/2000

From: sriharsha navudu <harsha_at_internetx.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:02:34 -0400

Hi Bobby!
I also have the problem as Dogan as you said I ran the lstnrctrl but no luck .I am enclosing the full text of the message can you please look at it.

LSNRCTL> start
Starting tnslsnr80: please wait...

TNSLSNR80 for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.3.0.0 - Production System parameter file is D:\ORAWIN95\net80\admin\listener.ora Log messages written to D:\ORAWIN95\net80\log\listener.log Trace information written to D:\ORAWIN95\net80\trace\listener.trc Attempted to listen on:
(DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_TIMEOUT=10)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (Host=VZNGEMWL)(Port=1521)))
TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist  TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

  TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
   32-bit Windows Error: 1004: Unknown system error
I would appriciate your help.
Thanks