Re: Webdb: passing value from form to package

From: <dschipper_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:16:48 GMT

In the end i figured it out myself, it turned out to be quit simple (once you discover that you don't use the form field name but an array called l_arg_values which contains all the values that are entered in the fields on the form. The fields are numbered from top to bottom on the form.

The userid being the second field on the form the code I had to enter on the on succesful submission of a form execute this code box was:

liademo.response_cursus.show(l_arg_values(2));

As I said, once you know the values are in l_arg_values, its really quite simple ;-)

In article <37D51215.9D910509_at_dde.dk>,
  "M. Oberly" <mao_at_dde.dk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You should be able to pass the value via a WebDB Link that you can
specify
> at the field level in the Form. I have not used Links from Forms, but
> have
> used them from Report columns.
>
> Also, the target WebDB object's calling sequence is shown on its
"Manage" -

> "Show Call Interface" page. If you can work in PL/SQL code at an
> appropriate place for the source Form (on the Form's "Advanced PL/SQL
> code" page, then the PL/SQL can call the target object through its
Call
> Interface. The PL/SQL code is local to the Form's show procedure and
it
> can access anything the show procedure can access, including field
> contents and WebDB built-in functions. You can examine an object
> in detail by doing an Export of the object. The Export shows all of
the
> object in the Browser window. The Link method mentioned above is
> probably less hackish than the PL/SQL method, though.
>
> Hope this helps you,
> Mark
> mao_at_dde.dk
>
> schipper_at_frg.eur.nl wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have created a webdb form (for enrollment in courses). When the
user
> > has filled in the form I want to display an other master detail form
> > displaying the users details (name, telephone etc.) and all the
courses
> > he/she enrolled in so far.
> >
> > How do I pass the userid which the user has chosen in the form via a
> > LOV
> > to the package. The package works fine if it is called like this
(633
> > being the userid of a particular user):
> >
> > liademo.response_cursus.show(633);
> >
> > but instead of a constant I really want to pass the userid that was
> > entered on the form. I tried the database column name of the field
that
> > is displayed on the form (userid) but that doesn't work. Does
anybody
> > know how to extract the values that are entered in WebDb pages?
> >
> > Desiree

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 04:16:48 CDT