Open File Dialog Box Bugs?

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 22:10:39 -0700

Hello all,

    I am using Forms 5.0 on Win95 platform.     I used win_apo_dialog.open_file to open file dialog box (in library d2kwutil.pll) with the following statement:

    win_api_dialog.open_file(title, initfile, filter,

                                 TRUE,

WIN_API.OFN_FLAG_DEFAULT+WIN_API.OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT+WIN_API.OFN_EXPLORER,TRUE);     (title, initfile and filter are all variables)

     However, I find that if I choose multiple files and the total lenght of these file names exceed 255 characters, no file name can be returned.

    Anyone experienced this before? How can I solve this problem (i.e. can choose multiple files names over 255 characeter) by using this function? Or this is the function bug? Moreover, I find that this function return NULL if i) the user press Cancel in the Open File Dialog Box OR ii) the user choose multiple files and the total length of these file names over 255 characters. How can I know which condition occurs by using this function?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 00:10:39 CDT