Re: setting up duplicate database

From: Bob Fazio <bob_fazio_at_hotmail.com.no.spam>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 00:36:10 GMT

Before you do any copying. In svrmgrl issue the following command

alter database backup controlfile to trace;

This will write a script that can be used to re-create the controlfile.

Next shutdown the database, copy the files over to the new system, edit the script to conform
with the new database. And run. Shutdown the database and re-start. Your done.