Can I run the Context Cartridge with several languages at the same time on one Oracle server?

From: Jørn Hansen <joern.h_at_teliamail.dk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 00:21:37 +0200

In short: I would like to run a website like the www.cnn.com, with support for several languages.

Could I run a UNICODE format Oracle database with support for free text search etc. in several languages on one (web) database server.

Or - would I have to split the site in several database servers:

1 An english language site with full textsearch and thesaurus 2 A western european language site with full textsearch and stem support 3 A pictorial-characterset language database server for chinese and japanese languages with full textsearch support only.

I guess, that if I could run it all on one site, I would need several context servers, one for each language. But I don't know? Maybe it could be done?

Alternatively: Does anybody know if SQL Server 7.0 could provide the necessary full textsearch and thesauri support in more languages? As far as I know, I would need one MS SQL databaserver for EACH language supported by the website.

And, finally. Maybe the solution to full textsearch would be to use a third party product.

All input would be most welcome.

TIA - Jørn Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 17:21:37 CDT