Re: Tablespace SYSTEM grows too much

From: <ashokbh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 20:15:29 GMT

Hello

If your SYSTEM tablespace grows frequently, check on the following things:
1.) Does any user other than SYS and SYSTEM have the SYSTEM tablespace as their Default and Temporary tablespace settings. Use DBA_USERS view to find out. IF so change those settings using ALTER USER command. Also move the objects that belong to these users to appropriate tablespaces. 2.) Do you have any Rollback segment other than SYSTEM rollback segment in the SYSTEM tablespace. If so drop them and recreate them in a separate tablespace. It is a good idea to have a tablespace dedicated for the rollback segments.
3.) Are the procedure and functions and packages you created very big. If so this might be a problem because all procedures and function are stoerd in the SYSTEM tablespace.
4.) If auditing has been turned ON, check the SYS.AUD$ table. If it has grown large, either archive it into a flat file or a new table and then delete data from SYS.AUD$ table as desired.

Take care

Ash

In article <7r2pq8$gsf$1_at_diana.bcn.ttd.net>,   "Jorge" <pumuky22_at_usa.net> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
> I have a Replication environment between almost 50 machines whith one
> server, and tablespace for DATA is not bigger than 200 Mgbytes but
SYSTEM
> tablespace is almos 1 Gb, so what is happenig whit it???
> anybody knows about it??
> thans a lot

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 15:15:29 CDT