importing and exporting programmatically

From: <mjswart_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 18:35:29 GMT

How wise is it to write a program (shell script) in Unix which has the affect of exporting and importing a database. I'm concerned because if there's an error at any step along the way, then it throws a wrench into the whole thing.

Some alternatives:
1) Write a set of instructions for the customer to do the same thing (who hopefully is a little bright)
2) Dial in with a modem and do it myself.

I'm leaning toward 2, what do you think?

Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 13:35:29 CDT