Re: ORA-12500:TNS:Listener failed to start a dedicated server process

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 16:57:20 GMT

I had a similar problem on an AIX Oracle installation. The solution was to increase the number of OS processes the Oracle user could start, not the number of Oracle processes in init<SID>.ora. Unfortunately, I am not NT-literate enough to know if there is a comparable parameter.

HTH,
Roy

In article <37d78986.2136100_at_news.twsc.pouchen.com.tw>,   violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw (Violin) wrote:
> Hello,
> Lately I have a trouble Listener problem.
>
> My Database is Oracle 7.3.4 on NT4.0
> In initorcl.ora,the value of processes is 50
> But when I monitor the sessions in Instance Manager
> If there are already some sessions on database(maybe 8~15 sessions or
less),
> THE NEXT ONE session which connects to database often has the error
message:

> ORA-12500:TNS:Listener failed to start a dedicated server process
>
> The total sessions on the database are less then 50,
> BUT just cannot connect to database,
> Maybe somebody knows how to solve the problem.....
> Here is the listener.ora:
>
> ################
> # Filename......: listener.ora
> # Node..........: local.world
> # Date..........: 24-MAY-94 13:23:20
> ################
> LISTENER =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL= IPC)
> (KEY= oracle.world)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL= IPC)
> (KEY= ORCL)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY= NMP.world)
> (PROTOCOL= NMP)
> (SERVER= KIM)
> (PIPE= ORAPIPE)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY= TCP.world)
> (Host = kim)
> (PROTOCOL= TCP)
> (Port= 1521)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY= TCP.world)
> (Host = 127.0.0.1)
> (PROTOCOL= TCP)
> (Port= 1521)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY= TCP.world)
> (Host = kim)
> (PROTOCOL= TCP)
> (Port= 1526)
> )
> (ADDRESS=
> (COMMUNITY= SPX.world)
> (PROTOCOL= SPX)
> (Service= kim_lsnr)
> )
> )
> STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
> CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
> TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF
> SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> (SID_LIST =
> (SID_DESC =
> (SID_NAME = ORCL)
> )
> )
> PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)
>
> Thank you for any tips.
>
> Violin.
> violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 11:57:20 CDT