Looking for Oracle/SilverStream stored procedure example

From: Scott Weaver <sweaver_at_intrsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:37:32 -0400

I am trying to invoke an Oracle stored procedure from a SilverStream DSO invokeQuery function and have not been able to get it to work. Does anyone have an example of running an Oracle stored procedure from SilverStream?

My attempts have been focused on variations to the following code in the invokeQuery function of the DSO object:

AgiDatabase db = evt.getServer().getDatabase(<database name>);  if (db != null) {
   evt.executeSQL(db,"EXECUTE <stored procedure name>");   }

Every time it runs, I get a null pointer exception on the executeSQL call. I have tried stored procedures with and without parameters. I have verified using SQL*Plus, that the stored procedures work correctly. I am able to run "Select" statements successfully but I cannot run a stored procedure.

I am very new to SilverStream and fairly new to Oracle. Any pointers to resources or references that may address this issue, will be greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 11:37:32 CDT