Newbie question on ODBC connection

From: Neil Berry <neilberry_at_uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:00:33 -0700

I've installed Oracle Client software for 7.3 so I can connect via tcp to a database at a remote location. Question is: is this possible without a LAN connection? If yes, then the connect string has me stumped. I've added the ip for the remote server, have the datasource named correctly (at least it is the same as the one that works when attached to the LAN). Just trying to work from a distance and this is making it difficult!

Thanks,
Neil Berry
neilberry_at_uswest.net Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 12:00:33 CDT