Re: DBMS_SQL Pkg - Need a good PRVTSQL.PLB file

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 08:56:09 -0400

A copy of this was sent to nagib_ks_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 06 Sep 1999 23:39:44 GMT, you wrote:

>Ladies and Gentelmen
>
>If any body has a working PRVTSQL.PLB file for building the
>body of the DBMS_SQL package for PO8 (ver 8.0.3.0.0) on
>MS-Windows 95/98/NT.
>
>When I build mine, using Procedure Builder, it gives me the error :
>PDE-USW002 The source of the stored program unit source is incomplete.
>My files (DBMSSQL.SQL & PRVTSQL.PLB) are dated 23-MAY-97.
>
>I am trying to execute a DDL ('CREATE SYNONYM') from a form PL/SQL
>block.
>Please email it to me at : nagib_at_mailroom.com
>
>Thank you in advance for your generosity.
>Regards

None of the files in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin should be installed with anything other then SVRMGR and only when connected as SYS or INTERNAL.

Your default database install puts dbms_sql into the database for you. If it was not there, run @catproc.sql. This installs the dbms_* packages and creates public synonyms for them as well as grants executes on most (but not all). dbms_sql is publically granted during install.

If you have created a spec or body for dbms_sql in ANY other schema, other then SYS, you need to DROP them and ensure the public synonyms for dbms_sql do not point to these now dropped packages.

You might need to run dbmssql in the SYS schema using svrmgrl to clear up the synonyms (to get the incorrect ones dropped and the correct ones back in place).

>nshagour_at_yahoo.com
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 07:56:09 CDT