Re: Row ID

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:05:05 +0100

You might want to look at my website for an article on handling very large batch updates (e.g. Y2K patches to stick 19 in front of YYMMDD text) by using rowid ranges.

The stuff I posted was for Oracle 7 only, but it is even simpler in Oracle 8.

The basic thing is:

    select (or update or delete)

            /*+ ROWID (alias) */
    where