oracle and image storage

From: Scott Tate <scott_at_qwikstore.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 20:31:39 -0700

Guys,

    sorry, never actually got to use blobs in oracle before. Question for ya. We are developing an e-commerce application and want to store the many client product images in the most efficient way. I am not completely familiar with how oracle stores blobs, --> if you store an image as a blob, is it completely stored in the table, or is it some sort of pointer to a file somewhere. I've dealt with the wonderful(snicker) concept of ole's, just curious what the best way to keep track of images is. BTW, we have 7.3ish. Well, thanks in advance.

                                                                    Scott
Tate Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 22:31:39 CDT