Long fields update

From: Silvia Mazza <S.Mazza_at_quinary.it>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:38:16 +0200

Hi all,

we have to update a long field.
We cannot do this from sqlplus (too long input string). We tried to separate the value of the field in different pieces and to concatenate them by executing different updates, but it is not possible to concatenate the value of a long field. Is there somebody who has a piece of code (pl/sql or C) doing this? We are in a hurry for only 5 records!
Our Oracle installation is version 7.3.4 on Nt. Thanks eveybody!
Ciao Silvia

--

Quinary SpA, via Fara 35, 20124 Milan, Italy http://www.quinary.it
mailto:S.Mazza_at_quinary.it