Regarding table dump through vb

From: <sudhakar_mph_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 12:16:09 GMT

Hi everyone,

I have Remote oracle 8 server. And one of the application is on the workstation where the personal oracle 8 is installed,Where I need to copy some of the tables from Remote oracle 8 server to the personal oracle 8 so that the application works with personal oracle 8 in order to reduce network traffic in trying to connect to Remote oracle 8 server.

I want to know that is there any command to transfer the table from remote
Oracle 8 server to personal oracle 8 though sql command. eg. such as if I need to create a table from existing table on hte same oralce
database we have command like
CREATE new_table_name AS SELECT * FROM old_table_name I am using ADO(since front end is vb) to connect to oracle database. If any one knows the way pleas let me know

Thanks,
sudhakar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 07:16:09 CDT