Representing NULL-Vallues

From: Sebastian Hein <heinseb_at_ruf.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 16:38:40 +0200

Hello,
I want to extract values out of an ORACLE-database. Some of the values are NULL-values which I want represent in the output-file by '.' (dot) . I can't find the way how to do it:

SET NULL "."
SPOOL out.dat
SELECT var1, var2, var3 FROM table1 ...

doesn't work. Is anybody out there knowing how to deal with this problem?

SH Received on Sat Sep 04 1999 - 09:38:40 CDT