Re: Weird OPTIMIZER behavior for SQL*Net queries

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:06:56 +0200

Without extra information it is impossible to resolve this issue. What is the version of Oracle?
What is the platform?
What do you mean by 'direct connection': a sql*plus session on the server itself by means of IPC or BEQ.
What is that query and what are the execution paths. I'm asking this because the optimizer is the optimizer, there shouldn't been any difference, and there are no settings that take sqlnet into account. There must exist some difference on your side, maybe the optimizer_goal setting modified by login.sql, or something like that.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA