Oracle parallel queries and remote DBs question

From: Erik Diehn <erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 15:34:15 -0400

I've got a question about how Oracle's parallel query option deals with remote databases. If I do a UNION ALL of a set of queries from multiple remote
databases (via db links), will the query processor execute them in parallel if I'm using the parallel query option and have specified a degree of parallelism? Or will it process each query sequentially?

Thanks,
Erik Diehn
erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com - nospamm Received on Fri Sep 03 1999 - 14:34:15 CDT